Thank you for expressing interest in the Saunders Middle School Step Team!!
We will be hosting try-outs September 6th, 7th, 8th from 3-5 p.m. for the 2016-2017 Step Team. Girls & Boys of all experience levels are welcome.
The goal and focus of the team is to promote self-esteem and self-awareness while developing agility and poise through the art of stepping. The team will perform at school and community events and we will also participate in step competitions.
Stepping is a lot of work and requires a lot of time and effort. As a result, we will looking for individuals who want to be part of team that works hard – look, learn and listen, encourage one another, and strive to always put their best effort forward both academically and on stage. Grades and conduct are a necessity to participate on the Saunders Step Team.
- Physicals: Any athlete interested in trying out for a middle school sport (including Step Team) must have a sports physical dated after May 1, 2016.
- Concussion Training also needs to be completed for tryouts. If you have attended the training before then all you need to do is complete the online portion.
- Physicals will be offered at Saunders on Monday, August 29th, 2016 beginning at 6:30 pm.
- You can find additional times for concussion training here.
- Please Make Sure you have your Concussion and Physical Form Ready to go and your updated physical form signed by a doctor for tryouts!!!
- Form can NOT be more than ONE year old.
• Attendance to practices will be mandatory! It is essential that each stepper is present at each practice in order to learn the routines and placement. We understand that emergencies will arise, and those absences will be addressed on an individual basis.
• Practice is every Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 - 5:00 with additional practices being held as performance/competition times get closer. If your child is not riding the late bus you must be at Saunders no later then 5:00 pm. If you are late picking up your child two times we will have to remove you child for the team.
The team will perform at school and community events and will participate in local step competitions. Members of the team will be required to buy certain clothing items which will be used in our performances. We will make every effort to keep the cost minimal and we plan to hold at least fundraiser to help with the costs. We are in the process of composing a tentative schedule and will provide that information to the team as soon as it is completed.
Finally, in order to make the team a success, we would like to encourage families to get involved in the program. We will be soliciting volunteers to assist with some of the activities that we have planned for the team – such as transportation to events and support for step shows and fundraisers. As we get further along in the program, we will have a lot more information to share with you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the number listed below.