Student Registration Process

(attached documents/forms are below)

Registration is by APPOINTMENT ONLY

Registrar: Sally Murray
Phone: 703-670-9188

Parents of children that have recently been out of the country, have children whose primary language is not English or whose children were receiving English Language Services at their previous school, must call Central Registration for an appointment to register there, before enrolling at Saunders.


Central Registration provides registration, assessment, and orientation for speakers of languages other than English. For more information, call them at (703) 491-8432.

Please bring the following to your appointment:
  • Student’s original birth certificate
  • Complete immunization record (All students in all grades must have a Tdap booster if their last Tetanus immunization was given more than five years ago.  Students MUST meet current VA immunization requirements prior to entry into middle school.)
  • Last report card
  • Three proofs of residency -- must include: lease, deed, or housing contract and two additional documents (Example:  utility bill, bank statement, voter registration, change of address form, or other document verifying your name and address) ** visit for more information
  • Picture ID for the parent enrolling the student
  • Name, address, phone number, and fax number of last school student attended
  • Custody paperwork (if applicable)
  • IEP if child is in Special Education (if applicable)
  • 504 plan (if applicable)
  • Gifted verification (if applicable)
  • Esol services verification or most recent WIDA test scores (if applicable)

***Please note, by law only natural parents or legal guardians with official legal documents from the court system may register students.***

The forms listed below are downloadable via hyperlink: 

Prince William County Schools Registration Form (PDF)
School Discipline Disclosure Form - Reg 715-5, Attachment
Home Language Survey (PDF)
Affidavit of Residency Form - Reg 711-3, Attachment I
Prince William County Schools Residency Regulation 711-3

Student Withdrawal Process

The parent/guardian will need to complete the student withdrawal process in person and sign the Prince William County Public Schools "Student Withdrawal Form" prior to being enrolled into another school or school division 

The registrar will:

  • Request withdrawal grades from the student’s teachers who will sign the "Student Withdrawal Form" and indicate whether all textbooks have been returned.
  • Verify that all library books, uniforms, instruments, and equipment have been returned and all fees and monies (including lunch accounts) owed to the school have been paid in full. 
  • The Student Educational Record will be maintained at the Prince William County School until documentation from the next school is received indicating that the student has enrolled. At that time, complete records will be sent to the new school.