What is a School Psychologist?
School Psychologists, promote educationally, psychologically health school environments to optimize student learning.
Here at Saunders Middle School, the School Psychologist:
- Works to provide a supportive environment for academic success through consultation & collaboration, prevention & intervention strategies, assessment & evaluation, education, & advocacy (i.e.substance abuse, attendance, school health nurse, guidance, human relations).
- Involved in Child Study Meetings, group & individual counseling,working with teachers to create behavior modifications for classroom or individual student or evaluating a student’s academic & cognitive strengths & weaknesses.
- Use their specialized training to link health services to learning & behavior.
- Highly trained in both psychology and education.
- Has a Master’s degree or higher.
National Association of School Psychologists